Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Excellent photos and film Brian. Thanks for posting them.

Mine are a disgrace. I'll sort out the few best ones.

The fork truck was the most used (played with) activity the whole weekend. I presume the young assistant was operating it in the film.

Good value for 16 euros!

Both our modules looked pretty decent in the bright sun. Both were equally interesting in different ways.

I shall do some experimenting with that foam polystyrene stuff you used for the paving next.
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Annie

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 am

I love the look of concentration on her face. Smile

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:21 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:
The fork truck was the most used (played with) activity the whole weekend.

So impressed was I, that I've ordered two from Hong Hong £11.50 each and free shipping - they're a steal at that price!

www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Annie

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am

I had something similar at one time, but it wasn't radio control as it had a long lead between the forkhoist and the controller. That limited it a bit, but it was still fun to operate.

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:38 pm

O yes: a splendid time for all, and many thanks to Daniel, Gerard and Genevieve. It was just as well - given that Momi was in an open shelter alongside one of the tin sheds that pass for the "Parc des Expositions de Chatellerault" - that we had great weather - warm and Sunny on both days. The CGT dinner - me, Carl, Brian, Van and Susan) was roaring success. Unlike the organisers, who managed a platform party of six and an audience of 12 at the presentation ceremony, there were no long speeches - in fact none at all

I have discovered that the video function on my camera has packed up - all the reds turn to grey, which makes my Billard (among others) look rather odd. So can't post any video, but here are some pics;

Carl and Brian's modules looked excellent together, and demonstrated just how much work they put in. Surely can't be the last time they appear in public - I hope:

The size was really impressive - long train pulled by Gerard's Mallet:

There was also a lot else to see; 7 1/4" gauge Y-class shunter provided by a gent who has a layout in his garden - with steam, but the French safety code actually precluded child passengers (or the organisers had neglected to acquire the right insurance, and as it is lawn-mower engine powered, did seem to make a nonesence of the ban on G-Scale diesels and steam):

G Scale Brissoneau autorail:

Om gauge JM4:

And my top favourite of the smaller gauge layouts, Le Mans on the Tramways de Sarthe, with the "Pont en X" where the narrow gauge crossed the town tramway on separate bridges over the Sarthe:

Last edited by GWhizz on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To correct a couple of names)
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Great photos Phil.

Glad you included the Brissoneau autorail. This is a similar machine (and ran on the same Provence line) as my automotrice diesel.

The Le Mans model was fantastic and straight out of the Sarthe Tramway book reference book.

I don't think it will be the last pairing of the modules and we (Brian and I) have discussed tentative plans for next year that could see us incorporating these 2 (and any further....?) modules by way of some conversion boards each side into my portable layout to give continuous running.

I will talk to Jean Claude this weekend and see about Ferrovi'art next Spring.

As for linking up again with the MOMI group that remains to be seen. The distance and travelling cost for me is prohibitive but the possibility remains.

I was disappointed about the live steam aspect as there was some running in the main hall and as we were actually outside I could have run diesel too. After all they were racing model I/C cars adajacent to us.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Clockwork Annie

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:31 pm

The two modules are impressive pieces of model making. We don't see European modelling very often here in New Zealand so it's fascinating to see it done to such a wonderful standard.

I loved the "Pont en X" photograph too for the very same reason.

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I shall do some experimenting with that foam polystyrene stuff you used for the paving next.

Carl I have just discovered in our local BRICOT DEPOT the self same sheet at very economical prices.

I can't find it in their cataologue, but it is called "EXTRUPOR"
A 6mm thick sheet 250cm x 80cm is 6.95 Euro, more than enough to do a couple of modules.

It also comes in thicker sheets 10mm and up which would be strong enough to create buildings etc without a supporting structure.

I think I'll use it for the viaduct on the new module we discussed last weekend!

www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

We have a Brico Depot here. I will ask about this product now I have the name, thanks Brian.
It certainly has a big potential.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:15 am

It looks like you guy’s had a great weekend, thanks for sharing it.

There is a great article in the recent G scale mag about using the plastic (soffit board) sheeting looks like an excellent modelling medium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012   Today at 6:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Châtellerault 29 & 30 Septembre 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Events-
Jump to: