Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Old railway station for sale in Burgundy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Old railway station for sale in Burgundy    Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:26 pm

I found this for sale.

Needs some work but could make a beautiful home, still with a goods line that runs once a day and 3000 m2 of land for 63,000 euros.

http://www.bourgogneimmob.com/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=1227

It looks like it's somewhere between Troyes and Dijon. They have erased the name in the photos.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Old railway station for sale in Burgundy    Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Because it says the postal code is 21330 I've searched for it on Google maps (I know, I have no life...) and I'm pretty sure it is the station at Rue de la Gare, Laignes, Burgundy. Unfortunatly the station looks less pitoresk at Google streeview. Especially with the big factory beside it... Sad

On Google steerview you can see the front of the building. You can compare it with the first two pictures on the broker site Carl posted. You can see the bush in front of the left window in the centre building (definitly another season) and the grayish spot / area on the wall of the left building joining the centre building.
On Flickr I found a picture of the track side. Click here and compare it with the thirth picture on te site of the broker (for instance boards/plating on the midle and right side window of the center building are exactly the same, brickwork on little left building is similar). The fencing is gone though...

Last edited by Paulus on Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Old railway station for sale in Burgundy    Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Google Streetview pictures

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Old railway station for sale in Burgundy    Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Great find Paul... I couldn't find it!

I see now it is on the freight only line west/south west from Châtillon sur Seine to Nuits.
There is no longer a passenger train service at Châtillon which was once a large junction station. Sad

I think 63,000€ might be a bit much for that.....!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old railway station for sale in Burgundy    Today at 4:59 am

Back to top Go down

Old railway station for sale in Burgundy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: