Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Roy Wood Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tacbob

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Laughing

That's an idea Lorenz. Could one after fit a pull start mechanism to a 'standard' 4 stroke aero type engine....?

If the screw holes and the dia of the free wheel fits probably. I think this one is similar to the pull starter of my engine (it's a spare part). So I could messure when I'll dismantle it someday.
Back to top Go down
Tacbob

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Made a mistake. It's bigger than mine. But there are much pull starter available. From other manufactors too.

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Found this. But at a scarry price range (73-85). It's for a 2 stroke OS Max 32 FMX but maybe it fit's.

OS pull starter

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:32 pm

Silencing is easy. Use 15mm copper pipe and calm the exhaust gasses. Then shove it into as big an expansion box as you can get in and use a 3/16" final exhaust pipe.

I used mine in a Suburban N London garden and nobody complained so I think exhaust levels are objective.

If OS have withdrawn the pull start version use a big generator and use it also as a starter. I did that on my first loco, the Pilgrim Pioneer. I bought a car relay unit to start it as the current load is big. An onboard 12V battery pack is enough to turn the engine.

Anyway I have done it all this way and will do one more in a year or three. There are more ways than one to make these work.

Best of success.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:51 am

Keep us updated of (Pilgrim's....) progress Barry.

After all you were partly responsible and influencial in what you see on this forum today. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BarryReeves

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi Carl

All I can do is help people when they get to do something that they do not know how to do. I worked out one way....there must be other ways too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roy Wood Models   Today at 2:24 am

Back to top Go down

Roy Wood Models
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: