Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Sprog - Dcc Kit Review

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Sprog - Dcc Kit Review   Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:26 pm

Ah - now you're talking - the Roco system is very underated in my opinion. I have a multimaus and the maus 2 I think they are 3.75 and 3.25 amps respectively, The Multimaus is a great bit of kit you can even throw dcc controlled points. If you want to "try" DCC then its a brilliant set to get a taste. A person such as yourself with a couple or three Stainz could go DCC for a relatively small amount - even decoders can be got for less than 20. I tire of seeing these "whats a good system to start off - gotta be cheap etc etc" then at the end of it they say -"just got the latest whizz bang Massoth/MTS from Jeremy blah blah - a bargain blah blah blah - ordered 3 days hence, buy now pay next year arrived at the crack of dawn before I was a glint in my fathers eye. Oh and not to forget the discount.

Sorry Jeremy, if you read this I mean no malice - I have had excellent service from you myself. AND 1 order despatched before I had paid.

Do you mean you can run 5 Stainz or 5 HO at one time on 2.75
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: Sprog - Dcc Kit Review   Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:32 pm

The Roco MultiMaus will run 5 Stainz simultaneously Patrick, as you say, very underrated. Its an excellent bit of kit.
(A "healthy" Buhler motor draws 0.5 amps, a little more under load).
If I was starting out again, and the LGB digital starter set was unavailable, I would get a Roco system.

Website http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sprog - Dcc Kit Review   Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:23 pm

I may well purchase one of these sproggy things for setting up decoders. There is little point in attempting to run the layout with one as we draw 6 amps before a wheel turns what with lights, smoke and sound.
These tichty little Stainz things seem popular, I will get one as a moving target for the air rifle.
I should also point out that I am a very satisfied Massoth user
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sprog - Dcc Kit Review   Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:14 am

GeoffW wrote:
These tichty little Stainz things seem popular, I will get one as a moving target for the air rifle.

Does that mean you're an air gunner then?

Don't shoot the Stainz but why not make a proper traget train..... pirat
There were plenty of railway operated MOD target ranges. I think the ones at Lydd and Lulworth Cove are still in use.

The RAF had a few too.....RAF target railways

Sorry nothing to do with digital control...please carry on. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sprog - Dcc Kit Review   Today at 6:07 am

Back to top Go down

Sprog - Dcc Kit Review
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Tips and advice-
Jump to: