Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

New? German Live steam manufacturer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:21 pm

I was looking around for bits and accessories and I found this.

I've never heard of him before.

http://www.echtdampfwelt.de/

SEG mallet for 2.6K or for under 1,500 a beautiful looking and seemingly well made Wangeroo tank.
I feel some saving/selling/begging coming on.

...and I've just seen a live steam Rugen 040 (0-8-0) monster for 2.5K drunken
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:47 pm

Nice stuff , can't unnerstan a word but This is a brilliant deal for 99 quid, you'd pay that for the box alone over here. Bargain engine and accs

Actually if you watch the video of the feildbahn it looks like it exhausts from the cylinders - it looks impressive. Either that or it's very leaky.

And here is a vid of the Mallett - awesome. SEG Mallet video

Now when is Valentines Day ?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:44 pm

pjti wrote:
Nice stuff , can't unnerstan a word but This is a brilliant deal for 99 quid, you'd pay that for the box alone over here. Bargain engine and accs

Actually if you watch the video of the feildbahn it looks like it exhausts from the cylinders - it looks impressive. Either that or it's very leaky.

And here is a vid of the Mallett - awesome. SEG Mallet video

Now when is Valentines Day ?

lol!

I see you still have your British sarcasm in Spain. sunny

The mallet is indeed impressive. Sadly I have never seen a Regner mallet running as smooth as that.

All the locomotives have cylinder drain cocks and can also be fitted with steam brakes....

I am very tempted......

If I do will someone be able to offer me accomodation pending divorce proceedings?
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 pm

As a young lady once said to me "Do it now".
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:54 pm

I was having a bazz round Ralph Reppingen's site and found these amongst other interesting stuff.

There are 2 'G' scale live steam locos from this manufacturer including a BR 996011 mallet (coal fired option).
Wyko (Michael Wyrwich)
He makes G1 stuff too.

Or if you're put off live steam because of dissolving brass boilers. scratch pale lol!

Try
Lokbauer (Wolfgang Getz)
for some exquisite electric models.

Makes a change from LGB and Roundhouse. Smile
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:32 pm

carl hibbs wrote:

I feel some saving/selling/begging coming on.

drunken

Are you selling your Reppingen Loco then?

Bags first dibs if you are!

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:52 pm

Nope...sorry Brian.

I may consider selling my Roundhouse Carrie later on to (help) fund something from the Bayern.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:00 pm

carl hibbs wrote:
Nope...sorry Brian.

I may consider selling my Roundhouse Carrie later on to (help) fund something from the Bayern.

I've had a look at the Carrie but doesn't seem to offer much of a departure from Caradoc/Edrig.

What do you think of Regner Stainz or Lumberjack ???

B
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:31 pm

See...you're thinking about another loco already.

Regner...Stainz comes as a kit. Not too difficult to build but requires some care to get the valve gear and motion spot on.
Not very powerful. Small boiler and efficient burner, needs careful attention to water level when running. Difficult to fit all the r/c equipment.

Lumberjack (you saw at Railexpo, Jean-Claud lent me his one). Twin cylinder ozzi engine, very powerful, easy to run and lots of fun. Comes as easy part kit or ready built. Can fit r/c.
Not a real prototype.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:00 pm

carl hibbs wrote:

Lumberjack (you saw at Railexpo, Jean-Claud lent me his one). Twin cylinder ozzi engine,

OK after 24 hours of searching the web! Who/ what is an "Ozzi" designed / manufactured engine?????

Something designed in Australia??? Or was/is he/she German? Sounds Italian? Is it peculiar to Regner!!

Remember you're talking to a novice here!

B
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Oh I did find this if you're interested in building roads rather than railways ...

[url=http://www.wirtgenamerica.com/media/2_editor/productbrochures/hamm/ozzibrochure.pdf]
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:13 pm

Can anyone help with navigation on the Regner site which is posted as a link on this forum.

I'm afraid my German is non existent - can't seem to find any of the live steam locos even in Dampff Lokomotiven.

Is there an International Version ?

Most of my info to date has been gleaned from Atelier Vaporiste but their prices seem a bit excessive ( comparing like for like on Accucraft for example!).

Thanks Brian
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 pm

GWhizz wrote:
carl hibbs wrote:

Lumberjack (you saw at Railexpo, Jean-Claud lent me his one). Twin cylinder ozzi engine,

OK after 24 hours of searching the web! Who/ what is an "Ozzi" designed / manufactured engine?????

Something designed in Australia??? Or was/is he/she German? Sounds Italian? Is it peculiar to Regner!!

B

Brian
Thassa OSCILLATING engine, like a Mamod where the cylinder wobbles up n down rather than having a valve chest.

Don't worry it caught me out a few times too.

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:40 pm

Sorry chaps but as an English teacher I can never spell Oscil...Ocsilat...Ossil...well that long word. Ozzi is also used by a few other peeps too.

Regner's website is nearly all in German. He wont despite many requests publish an English version. There are many people around who would and could translate it for him...Not me though. I know a little German (called Helga...).

Echtdampf is the word you want Brian.

Regner Echtdampf

Everything is in his online interactive catalogue now.

Regner catalogue

I see he is offering this little gem for 2.5k
Whistle, cylinder drain cocks, full working Heusinger (Walschaerts) valve gear, fwd/rev and steam regulator all R/C.

995603 mounted
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:16 am

pjti wrote:
GWhizz wrote:
carl hibbs wrote:

B

Brian
Thassa OSCILLATING engine, like a Mamod where the cylinder wobbles up n down rather than having a valve chest.

Don't worry it caught me out a few times too.

Patrick

DOH ! Should have guessed. I actually built one (a single cylinder flywheel thing) in school metal work class back in the early 60's. On the pics of the Lumberjack (Atelier Vaporiste) you can't see the cylinders, I probably would have guessed otherwise!

Back to steam school.

Next stupid question - how do you buy things from Regner - there doesn't appear to be a shopping function within the site (don't get excited, it's only the catalogue I'm after at this stage - looks like a must have item, I can't be arsed with printing off individual pdf pages).

Have fitted second servo in my Edrig will post pics on relevant thread later!
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:46 am

Quote :
how do you buy things from Regner

Visa/Mastercard ?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:30 pm

The best way to buy things from Regner is by fax including the catalogue.
Download the order form, fill it out and fax it. They will take quite happily Visa and mastercard and divorce papers.

They do not have everything in stock though. For a Lumberjack it is worth asking Martin's models. He may give you a good a price on one in UK pounds and if you're spending euros that maybe a good deal.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:38 pm

GUYS

Please bear with me, and I'm almost afraid to ask the next question, I feel a complete nunce here, but I can't find an order form to download on the Regner site.

I'm happy to call German companies with my Visa card that speak even a little English - Modell-Land and Massoth for example - but do these guys (Regner) really want to sell overseas???? I've had no response to various emails, I just wish their products weren't so good!!!

What is the German for order form? My wife worked near Hamburg for two years and speaks a little German but she can't help me either (but possibly doesn't want me to buy anything?)

I'm getting so frustrated, I might even consider buyting a Roundhouse!

Miffed of SW France

B
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 pm

I have sent you an e mail with a Regner order form attached.

There are people at Regner who speak English but it's not all the time. Neutral

Don't buy Roundhouse.

My opinion only.

Great people, very knowledgeable, good service. Simple, reliable English made product.

Tab and slot fold up construction, less than half tank sides, slot headed screws everywhere (except latest Taleisin thing). Imperial fittings and threads when the rest of the world nearly is metric.
No chuff sound and no readily available bolt-on extras like whistles.

Not value for money when compared with Regner.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:21 pm

THANKS CARL - Understood, I shall persevere!
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:11 pm

It's a good time with the weak , what are you thinking of getting Brian ?
Back to top Go down
bruce

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:17 am

Regner are fine to deal with on the phone. I've mailed them several times while the 399/Mh6 was being designed and built prior to issue and never had a single reply. However, they did have my order and knew who I was when I rang them. OK, I speak passable German, which obviously helps. If ordering from the UK (which I assume you're not), go via Martin's Models. Even if you do order direct (as I did) all UK models are actually supplied via Martin and not direct from the factory.

PS - I was reading a similar tale of difficulty in getting a response from Regner over on an Austrian forum... there was actually no problem, they had "alles in Ordnung", just a lack of communication - as with my own loco!

www.hillheaddaleslightrailway.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:57 am

They will supply direct to France. He doesn't like supplying complete assembled locomotives though by post except for Willis, Konrads etc. Like Ralph Reppingen he prefers you to come and test drive it at the factory. They have a nice scenic test layout in a large glazed shed.

I still go by the fax method. In fact when I wanted some steam oil (Their's is much thicker than R/H) urgently they responded to my fax and it was here in 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:12 pm

pjti wrote:
It's a good time with the weak , what are you thinking of getting Brian ?

I really enjoy building and fiddling with models, so whatever I get will likely be a kit.

The Lumberjack kit looks the most likely as it will only be my second steamy. However at the moment I need to concentrate on getting track down in the garden, so the kit will probably wait til the Autumn. I was just wanting to buy a Catalogue so I could do some dreaming over the Summer in the meantime.

Given the reported difficulty of dealing with Regner, I'd better get my order in now!

B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New? German Live steam manufacturer.   Today at 4:30 pm

Back to top Go down

New? German Live steam manufacturer.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: