Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How have you changed history?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

PostSubject: How have you changed history?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:00 pm

It has been quite amusing to see the fictitious histories people have created for their railways. Just for a laugh what have you created?
I'll start the ball rolling; In order to explain the different locos on my layout i created Monsieur BENET (and his wife, a keen fisherwoman) an entrepreneur from Paris who saw a gap in the market for the manufacture of paper for the food industry. this paper uses cellulose,gained from straw. He encouraged the local farmers to drop their traditional crops and just grow straw. He then spent a lot of money creating a tramway to link up the local communities and transport his paper to Paris .he also imported german locomotives because of their pulling power.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How have you changed history?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Plausible enough too me Mikey.
I like little stories like that. BTW I have a sub-Parisien railway friend called Daniel Benet.

My story...not too much really with the railway, just that it is named after the road I live in and has the fictiously named station of Chelles-sur-Marne (which the mayor prefers very much) instead of the real SNCF station Chelles-Gournay.
Things happen around the station a bit like Clochemerle and the pissoir.

I have a few characters on the railway that remind me of real people and some are an almagam of people.

Like Nuncio Grisoni, a real Corsican character that lived with his feral cats in a small 'maquis' bar tucked away in the remote village of Ortiporio perched high up the precarious montainous chestnut forests of the Castagniccia.

I also knew a train driver on the Chemin de Fer de la Corse but didn't know his proper name. He was a real one for his pastis and U spuntinu (elevens's...). Never a train ran on time.

The 2 characters sort of became merged in history and imagination and recently brought to miniature life by Clive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How have you changed history?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Razz

Last edited by GeoffW on Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: How have you changed history?   Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:42 pm

My railway has married up several narrow gauge railways of Austria........

Linz - where Krauss made U Classs and "Stainz" class locos.
Gstadt - a station on the Ybbstalbahn
Bahn = railway - but you already knew that.
I have more than a few "Stainz" locos (There were six "real" ones).
I have stock of the StLB/Murtalbahn, Zillertalbahn, Ybbstalbahn, OBB nationalised narrow gauge railways.
Most of my drivers are named "Gustav", "Franz" or "Heinrich" dependent on the driver pose that LGB (or me) stuck in the loco.
Oh, and one of my stations (Wieselburg an der Erlauf) is named after one of the ones on "Die Krumpe" line which linked the Ybbstalbahn with the Mariazellerbahn.

Not much of a story, but an almost plausible scenario. Rolling Eyes

Website http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How have you changed history?   Today at 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down

How have you changed history?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: