Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

How about something for the weekend, Sir?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How about something for the weekend, Sir?   Wed May 06, 2009 12:07 am

Some pictures of one of my steam trams running over the Bank holiday weekend.

Best

Mike O
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How about something for the weekend, Sir?   Thu May 07, 2009 6:51 am

Good looking engine.....ex works finish!

Have you any more pictures/details of it, especially the construction and what is the power plant?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How about something for the weekend, Sir?   Thu May 07, 2009 7:33 am

carl hibbs wrote:
Good looking engine.....ex works finish!

Have you any more pictures/details of it, especially the construction and what is the power plant?

This is the one commercially made steam tram I own.

It's a model of the Glyn Valley Tramway, Beyer Peacock tram engine, "Sir Theodore."

Built by a man called Robin Gosling thirty two years ago it was one of the two commercially available live steam engines available then.

I understand that you could only buy it through the 16mm Association and that they received a commission payment from each one.

I paid quite a lot for it, because of its as new condition. the engine had been in a display case for most of its life.

It's meths fired with a double cting single cylinder. The engine just tootles round at a slow speed and will run for about three quarters of an hour on one fill.

Best

Mike O
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: How about something for the weekend, Sir?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:57 am

Great looking loco Mike. Cool

I wonder if anyone makes a kit of the body to fit an existing chassis (electric)

The site of the Glyn Valley Tramway is only 30 minutes drive away from me, much of the old track bed and bridges/associated buildings are still there.
The GVT Preservation Society has had permission to lay 800 m of track. They are currently seeking to comission a new replica tram loco like Sir Theodore.

Website http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How about something for the weekend, Sir?   Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 am

I believe someone used to Paul.

I seem to remember something in an old Brandbright catalogue from a couple of decades ago!

I don't think it's made anymore but you could try GRS, I know they make quite a good range of plastic body kits to fit over proprietory chassis and they may be able to give more information about the GVT loco.

BTW, has anyone heard from Mike Ousby or dealt with ACME recently.
He doesn't seem to have been active anywhere forumwise recently.

Hope you are okay Mike if you are watching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about something for the weekend, Sir?   Today at 6:10 am

Back to top Go down

How about something for the weekend, Sir?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: