Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GAP

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:30 am

This is R/C the system I use http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/satr/2point4GHz.htm

It is simple, generic, cheap and suits my purpose very well. 
After talking to the R/C model guys at work they agree that for a simple system it is probably the best value for money.

I never did like tying myself to a specific format of transmitter (eg DM2) where you have limited options.
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:42 am

Thanks for this inetresting link. I agree taht being tied up to a specific brand is not comfortable. Thait is why I shall not by the railboss 4 system that  needs a specific transmitter (furthermore, as said above I don't like the ergonomy). I prefer, though it's less compact to have a separte receiver and ESC.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Try the stuff from Hobby King, they now have a Euro depot in the NL

www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:39 am

hello Brian!

I bought my Hitec system a bit too soon and I discovered Hobbyking later. Apart from price, they have some advantages: it is easier to find parts (to a certain extend) and some (potentiometers fgor instance are more basic; sub-systems are linked by connectors and not welded as on Hitec. Therefore they are easier to adapt.
I have bought one servo, cables and batteries by Hobbyking: they have a large choice at very comlpetitive prices. Just a minor problem: UK and EU warehouses miss some products.
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:15 pm

For some components from Hobbyking, I look at the International warehouse if they are not in the Aust one.

I am experimenting with a reversing switch controlled by a picaxe microcontroller to replace the bulky servo/toggle switch combination that I am using at the present.  It should fit into a Stainz better.
Back to top Go down
Saint-Oblas

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:01 pm

By the way, you seem to have very competent people overthere in NSW. I bought two R/C triggers from RCS and I look forward buying a Mylocosound. Both from NSW dealers.
For the Mylocosound I wait for some potential evolution of the sounds library. I don't care too much about the "all aboard" and bell sound that are useless for european models except maybe for some British models (but has Britain vere really belonged to Europe?!?). I would rather like the brakes hisses and air compressor noise. I read from them something is in the air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?    Today at 2:20 pm

Back to top Go down

RC/battery for LGB Stainz. Some advice anyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: