Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Continental Garden Trains

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Is everyone ok in the UK?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 am

Been watching the news for the last couple days on the BBC website.

Some pretty scary images. I can't believe what I see, confrontation and openly challenging (seemingly few) Police, looting and arson on a scale unimaginable.

affraid

I hope everyone is all right and not directly affected by of it.

....and I hope it doesn't spread to the continent.

silent
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 am

I have not seen the TV news yet but saw about the riots this morning on my online newspaper.
Very localised in London and probably not a lot different to the MarseillesParis extravaganzas. Inner city youths looking for free white goods. I guess the only difference between here and France is that in the UK the police stand and watch. I think that if a youth attacks an ambulance with a fire bomb I reckon he is fair game for any police response, but of course that does not happen for fear of imflamming the situation.

Anyway my garden railway is currently safe and I reckon will remain so.

Back to top Go down
fm12

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:06 pm

I`ve deleated my previous comments.

Don`t get me started. Evil or Very Mad

LEVEL TRACK HERE NO NEED FOR R/C bouncebouncebouncebouncebouncebouncecheers
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Rather than get involved in politics and I'm sure everyone has their own ideas on what should be done, I was just worried in case anyone has been involved.

I have friends and relatives living in some 'hotspots' and apart from seeing a lot of smoke in the air, helicopters and hearing sirens all night they are fine.

I was very saddened to see Reeves Corner in Croydon torched to the ground. This is (was) on part of the Tramlink route forming a very tight triangle with the line from Wimbledon.

I worked in Croydon town centre before moving here. Reeves survived 2 world wars and was synonymous with Croydon. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I was born and raised in Tottenham and it was a great place to live. I was a Mod 'face' and we had the Royal dance hall, the Dave Clark five, and a good footie team! There was never any race trouble. I joined the Met in '67 and was moved 'sarf of the river';
The building that was fired was the old Co-op stores, terrible to see it gone! glad I've no family left in London now

mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is everyone ok in the UK?   Today at 12:15 am

Back to top Go down

Is everyone ok in the UK?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: